To Protect Our Valued Customers From Fraud, Callaway Golf Shares The Following Warning:
Consumers all around the world have been duped into purchasing so-called "brand new, authentic Callaway Golf products" at very low prices on eBay.com and other Internet auction and online retail sites that have turned out to actually be low-quality fakes. Sales of counterfeit Callaway Golf products on such sites have dramatically increased over the last few years. Many, but not all, of these web sites are based in China.
How can you protect yourself from being a victim of counterfeiters? Here are some guidelines to help you as you prepare to purchase genuine Callaway Golf products:
1. Callaway Golf South Pacific has launched an Anti-Counterfeiting initiative. Look for the Callaway Golf Certified Authentic label on genuine Callaway golf clubs.
2. Are you purchasing from an authorized Callaway Golf retailer? If the answer is "no," your chances of purchasing counterfeits increase greatly.
3. Is the price for the "brand new, top of the line" clubs too good to be true? Remember, if the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is and you should be extremely wary.
4. Does the seller explain his willingness to part with the clubs at a bargain-basement price by claiming that he "won the clubs” in a tournament or raffle, or that they were "a gift” that he doesn’t need? Sellers of counterfeit Callaway Golf clubs on the Internet often use these and other stories to deceive their victims.
5. Many Callaway Golf club heads are made of multiple materials, including the use of carbon composite on the crown of Octane Drivers and all Fusion/FT model woods. Counterfeiters often substitute metal or titanium on the crown of these clubs and paint it to resemble carbon composite. If you take a metal object, such as a key or a coin, and tap it on the section of the head that is supposed to be carbon composite and it makes a pinging sound the club is likely counterfeit. When using the metal object to tap on the same section of an authentic head made of carbon composite a much softer sound will be heard.
6. If you are in doubt about the authenticity of the clubs being offered, have you contacted Callaway Golf and asked for assistance? If you do so, your chances of being victimized decrease significantly.
To obtain authentic Callaway Golf clubs, buy only from authorized retailers listed in our website locator, or purchase online at www.callawaygolf.com. For certified used Callaway Golf clubs buy from an authorized retailer or go to www.callawaygolfpreowned.com
Should you have a question, or require advice on how to purchase authentic Callaway Golf clubs, please call 800-588-9836, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. To report a suspected counterfeit product, please email us at email@example.com
. To learn more about counterfeits please click on www.keepgolfreal.com